Idil Ali is a proud Somali spoken word artist based in Narrm. Through language, pace and sometimes dramatic movements, Idil weaves stories of displacement, identity, community and resistance. Her performances intend to explore, experiment and pay homage to her people and her self.
Idil has featured and performed on the following stages:
• Afro Hub Poetry as part of Floating Keys
• Afro Hub in collaboration w Yusuf Harare Jr
• ACMI for FEM&IST festival
• Black Dot Gallery as a part of Brunswick Music Festival
• Yirramboi Festival collaborative project ‘to know each other’
For updates, follow: https://www.instagram.com/_idilali/
Subscribe to our email newsletter
© 2016 Emerging Writers’ Festival.
All rights reserved.